This specific position is equally functional and technical in expertise and supports the Asheville location’s manufacturing and supply chain business areas that utilize the Baan IVc4 ERP system, its various interfaces and all additional applications and technologies. This person will provide first-level business application support to key users, system analyses, identify data and process problems and determine corrective actions, possibly with assistance from tier-two or vendor support. Equally important the position analyzes business requirements and designs and implements process and system improvements following a best-practice based approach
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Application Support: Work with Business Analyst to analyze, document and prioritize business requirements in cooperation with key users, process owners and business leaders.
- Lead efforts for IT enhancements and small-mid size projects.
- Effectively work with various stakeholders both within the business unit and IT Management
- Application issues. Troubleshoot technical application and data issues. Engage with software vendors for support on their products if needed.
- Analysis and Design: Design and implement system enhancements that conform to industry and application best practices. Write detailed description of program functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications
- Data Analysis: Analyze and document data structures and data sets and provide ad-hoc reporting. Ability to effectively understand the location of all related data.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values of Integrity, Innovation, Intensity and Involvement.
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, operations management or engineering (equivalent work experience acceptable).
- 10 years technical experience with Baan ERP implementations and support for Mfg Ops.
- 10 years IT Business Analyst experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Manufacturing and process analysis
- Experience with Planning, MPS, and MRP process and Supply Chain
- Must have strong understanding of software development life cycle from design, requirements gathering, analysis, deployment, testing methodologies, training, change management and production support.
- Exceptional customer service skills, organizational change management and communication skills
- Solid understanding of business practices with fundamental conceptual understanding of project management methodology.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Focused on results by emphasizing delivery of measurable business benefits.
- Highly organized with strict attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in discovering customer business needs and translating them into functional and technical requirements.
- Ability to analyze complex systems, and troubleshoot and isolate system issues.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
Programming: Baan and Bridgelogix, MS Visual Basic
Support of additional functional areas of the business a plus.