The role will support key stakeholders to improve organizational capability, drive change, define organizational needs, determine training & development needs, resolve employee issues, and contribute to the achievement of divisional strategic and operating plan objectives. This individual must possess the ability to quickly grasp the business objectives and strategies of multiple client groups and leverage HR capabilities to support the achievement of those objectives.
- Consult with functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Ensures alignment of HR processes i.e., Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Compensation Review process, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Drive the HR component of the business strategy through planning, developing, and implementing HR initiatives that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of assigned client groups.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through promotion of a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture while balancing employee concerns with all levels of company goals.
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition. Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Manage the partnership with the talent acquisition center, including staffing coordination and job requisition management.
- Lead/Team up with broader Corporate Field team along with divisional HR contacts to drive Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as process improvement as well as participating in other broad scale HR projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for remaining up to date on relevant US, and state employment laws and other human resources compliance issues. Update management on policies/processes as necessary.
- Handles escalations from HR1 Solution Center to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate
- May lead or be part of a project management team to drive; Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as; process improvement.
- Collaborates with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
- Responsible for forecasting/tracking management and data integrity working with on-site leadership
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- BA/BS degree in HR related field
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a generalist/HRM role
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Experience partnering with digital functions (eg IT, digital Marketing, etc) preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, process development, analysis and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of EEO and Federal employment laws.
- Solid experience and expertise using HRIS systems (Workday)
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development;
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)