The Product Manager (Drugs of Abuse Market), will help develop multi-year product strategies and guide planning for future positioning, growth and evolution of our Drugs of Abuse Testing (DAT) business. The Product Manager is responsible for portfolio planning, new product identification, voice of the customer and market analysis. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for new product launches, and for achieving portfolio, revenue, margin, customer satisfaction and market share objectives.
- Develop multi-year product strategies and guide planning for future positioning, growth, and evolution of our Drugs of Abuse Testing (DAT) business. This includes identifying, establishing, and managing strategic relationships with industry opinion leaders and customers.
- The Product Manager is responsible for creating demand and achieving revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
- Perform market research and obtain voice of the customer; define market trends, investigate customer needs, define product concept, customer requirements and product requirements.
- Act as the focal point for the Business Unit with regard to product, market and competitor knowledge, as well as planning/execution and achievement of business objectives.
- Serve as product champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams and with key accounts through training and active participation in the sales process, including product value proposition, pricing tactics and customer support.
- Champion successful product launches through requirements, development and commercialization. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the Product Manager owns the ultimate customer satisfaction and the financial success of new product introductions.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing plans and activities to drive the flow of differentiated products to our customers. This includes market segmentation, targeting, positioning, and all aspects of the marketing mix. Liaise with Regional Marketing teams to deliver appropriate launch materials and tools to differentiate vs. competition and achieve revenue, margin and share goals.
- Manage the life cycle of the existing product portfolio. Responsibilities include five-year product line strategies, roadmap, pricing / margin optimization, management across the customer value continuum, and customer journey.
- Work collaboratively with R&D, Project Managers, Regional Marketing Managers, Sales teams, and key functional stakeholders across the organization.
- Recommend and execute the implementation of new approaches to the current plan and strategy.
- Work with Commercial to accurately forecast the DAT product line.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science or related degree, MBA highly preferred, but not essential.
- At least five years experience in a similar role in Clinical Diagnostics or Medical Device industry.
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Experience building product roadmaps and product life cycle management.
- Experience building a business; advanced skills in value capture and creation.
- Demonstrates strong strategic and tactical thinking; must be creative and have the “big picture” viewpoint
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization. Highly collaborative.
- Demonstrated customer-centric focus, keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Highly effective at presenting high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives and non-scientific personnel
- Leads by example, holding self and others accountable
- Position is located in Fremont, CA.
- Up to 25% travel required (both domestic and international)
- This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.