Job Title: QC Packaging Specialist
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Reports to: Senior Quality Manager
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Create Pack Out Inspection Plans (POIP) for all incoming and out-going systems and vessels
- Coordinate the initial receipt and inspection of Systems (SUBs/Vessels) in order to facilitate creation of the applicable POIP
- Oversee the System Pack Out process and ensure product(s) are packaged properly per their applicable POIP
- Work closely and supervise the packing team (Trans Pac) to ensure proper packaging per the applicable POIP, this will include providing an overview of the applicable POIP with the packing team
- Oversee the transfer of material from the QA Check out area (manufacturing floor) to the crate staging area and ensure proper contents/crate labeling per customer requirements
- Ensure correct Box and Crate numbers are identified on the applicable QA Check-Out Report
- Route each QA Check-Out Report for approvals, upload reports to their appropriate file locations on the share drive
- Create an inventory spreadsheet for all the crates located in Building 2 (size, capacity, location, design, crate #, etc.)
- Manage packing material supplies and inventory (bubble wrap, shrink wrap, packing foam, cleaner, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Agile PLM application
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Experience with Finesse materials and their P/Ns
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.