Job ID :
China - Shanghai
- Works as technical expert in mechanical engineering domain, responsible for technical solutions and engineering specifications. Leads standardizations of mechanical design process, optimizes and popularizes design best practice.
- Leads key and first applicable project plan/execution in system architecture strategy, engineering proposal as well as mechanical design, development, qualification, validation to ensure system level functionality, performance, safety and quality in line with the company NPD process and CIC mechanical engineering process.
- Ensures that assigned projects are delivered on-time, to specification, and at or below target cost by solid engineering plans, including quality, cost, schedule, and risk assessment. Reports on project progress.
- Leads the existing products sustaining, and drives high priority issues to resolution, including long-term corrective and preventive action plans.
- Approaches problems in a rational manner and with best in class tools to ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Helps team to grow technical depth and knowledge sharing across product lines.
- Promotes an environment of learning, organizes technical training, addresses and fills technical gaps, and helps to buildup technical pipeline.
- Smoothly interfaces to sourcing, operations, quality, service and global R&D team, as well as external suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Recognized BSME or equivalent with minimum 7 years of related experience, or MSME with minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD software (Solidworks)
- Demonstrated expertise to apply DFx (manufacturability, assembly, serviceability, safety, cost) knowledge to mechanical designs, expert knowledge in more than two of these specific areas: sheet metal, machining, plastic and die casting, well understanding of the related materials, processes and local supplier capability.
- Deep knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and experienced with tolerance analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to drive solid engineering solution to complex problems using best in class tools, with deep understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Design of Experiment (DOE) and FMEA.
- Experienced in working on a cross-functional project team (PM, system engineering, operations, quality, service…)
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Motivated self starter, able to work individually and/or lead lower level engineers on projects.
- Mechanical design experience with mechanical system layout and mechanical system integration is a plus.
- Experience working in a matrix reporting environment preferred.
- Experience in design of scientific and industrial instrumentation.