About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
The Business Operations Analyst in Millersburg, PA drives organizational efficiency and service through the use of statistics, graphs and numeric data. The operations analyst conducts research, investigates work flow and business procedures and recommends changes to execute on business objectives. A key measurement of success for the operations analyst role is the ability to deliver improvement to productivity and profitability.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing data to meet business needs; communicate complex data in comprehensible ways at all levels of the business.
- Develop dashboards, periodic and/or adhoc reporting; conduct statistical evaluations, and support of automated reporting whenever possible.
- Develop, gather, and assess complex data from various sources to solve operational issues and/or drive efficiency and PPI objectives. This is completed successfully by utilizing a solid, working knowledge and understanding of Operations, Finance, Safety, R&D and Engineering and how they all contribute to operational efficiency.
- Coordinate with managers and departments to assess their work processes. Establish, monitor, alert, and communicate appropriate operational measures in alignment and support of the organizational objectives.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program required, with majors in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Data Management or a related field.
- Aptitude for Complex data, Math and Statistics.
- Ability to contribute and work in a team environment
- Experience working successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Experience supporting change management efforts.
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and investigative skills.
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development;
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage – is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment.
- 3+ years experience I n an analyst role or comparable experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.