Job Title: Storage Engineer Infrastructure
Job Location: Bangalore, India
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Introduction to the Division /Function
The Storage and Backup team is a part of the Advanced Computing Division of Global IT Infrastructure at Thermo Fisher Scientific. We support the critical core enterprise storage platform and complimentary data protection services, and integration with the cloud.
Role Description :
The Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Enterprise Storage Team is looking for a motivated and solutions-driven Senior Storage Engineer to build complex and dynamic environments in support of high-performing business models. We welcome all self-starters with excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate on a diverse range of ongoing projects. Backup experience a plus. This is a Sr. Storage Engineer position with On-Call.
- Design & Implement, enhance and administer the EMC, Hitachi, Netapp and Cloud storage infrastructure.
- Enhance, maintain, and administer the current Avamar and Data Domain infrastructure systems.
- Consolidate and migrate storage and backup infrastructure.
- Recommend and implement system upgrades, enhancements, installations, and configurations.
- Develop and maintain Storage and Backup infrastructure documentation including architecture diagrams, metrics, and operating procedures.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical designs to meet business needs.
- Responsible for recommending and implementing Storage and Backup standards and administration best practices.
- Troubleshoot problems with support vendors to find solutions to complex problems. Conduct root cause analysis.
- Investigate, resolve and implement process improvements to existing systems and associated procedures.
- Enforce company’s infrastructure architecture standards and policies to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
- Maintain the security of backup environment so that it is “audit ready” at all times. This includes both SOX and PCI requirements.
- 24/7 Support (on-call)
Skills, Knowledge required:
- 5 years’ real-time experience managing and maintaining Storage and Backup Technologies in a large datacenter environment.
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience with EMC, Hitachi and NetApp storage systems. This includes both a strong understanding of hosting file & block and disaster recovery replication concepts.
- Experience with SAN attached storage, Cisco and Brocade Directors along with extensive knowledge on SAN Extension, FCIP, IVR, Vsan, NPIV, FCoE etc.
- Experience and good knowledge in Cloud technologies and able to recommend and integrate it into existing infrastructure.
- Experience and extensive knowledge on SAN, Storage and Backup migrations.
- Experience with one or more of the following is required: Avamar backup technology, Symantec’s NetBackup, EMC Data Domain.
- Able to architect and implement new storage and backup solutions.
- Experience and good understanding of VMware, Linux, SunOS, Windows etc.
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, mitigating production outages
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies. Passion for learning.
- 5+ years of real-time experience working on EMC, Hitachi and NetApp storage arrays.
- 5+ years of experience working on cisco and brocade SAN.
- Good understanding of backup technologies like Avamar, Data Domain, NetBackup.
- Embodiment of 4i values: integrity, innovation, intensity, and involvement.
- Ability to work in a team structure, make decisions, solve problems, communicate inside & outside the organization, and analyze, plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Masters’/Bachelors’ Degree in IT/Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.