Roles & Responsibilities
- The role is of a hands-on software engineer (individual contributor) who could make a difference to the product in terms of the design and architecture, and actively contribute to the development of new features.
- The role is expected to actively participate in various scrum ceremonies such as Story grooming, sprint planning sessions etc., and contribute towards identifying technical risks, alternate solutions to various problems etc.
BE/BTech or equivalent in computer science, electrical/electronics engineering, or related field is required, with a minimum of 4+ years of directly related work experience.
Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Extensive expertise in Java. Expertise in OOAD principles and methodologies (e.g. UML).
- Web Service design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs
- Experience with databases, persistence frameworks, and SQL
- Extensive knowledge and discipline in software engineering process and data structures.
- Expertise in Configuration Management tools and concepts required
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum/XP)
- Having a wide range of experience and understanding of trends and technologies uses technical knowledge to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Proficiency with Internet technologies (e.g. HTML, XML, TCP/IP) a plus.
- Proven expertise in Networking technologies and multi-threaded programming.
- Designing large-scale, highly available distributed software
- Experience with development on one or more mobile platforms a plus.
- Expertise in Windows/Linux programming.
- Exposure to design, development and automated testing of web applications