Job ID :
India - Bangalore
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Excited about building world-class software solutions that will help scientists intuitively interact with the instruments in lab.
- Thorough understanding of object oriented design and programming
- Exposure to developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications. Cloud-based applications leveraging AWS is highly preferred.
- 7 years of solid hands experience with Java (primary language). Other languages (C++, Ruby, Python, etc). will be an added advantage.
- Data modeling, design and database programming using a variety of relational (Oracle, MySQL) and No-SQL technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j). Data integration, data analysis, data mining, and ETL technologies knowledge is a plus.
- Significant experience using Agile software development methodologies
- Prior exposure to scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Bash) on Linux or Unix
- Values simplicity in software architecture, design, and practices (DTSTTCPW, YAGNI, refactor ruthlessly)
- Has experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Experience working with geographically distributed team
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications (nice To Have)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Experience with working on IoT solutions