for both capital equipment and consumables.
The position sells the flow cytometry & product portfolio in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. The Technical Sales Specialist will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
The Technical Sales Specialist will also be the primary driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business. The Sales Specialist will be recognized as a technical leader within the sales force that drives strategic objectives and adoption of new products.
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific
· Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
· Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in .
· Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
· Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
· Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
· Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
· Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally.
· Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business.
· Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
· Field travel in Spain and Portugal as necessary (50% or more)
· Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
· Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories.
· Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
· Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
· Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily.
· Requires a minimum Master’s Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience.
· Previous sales experience preferred
· Excellent technical skill and experience in flow cytometry and/or required.
· Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
· Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously.
· High motivation and energy level to develop new business
· Fluency in Spanish and English
· The location can be Madrid or Barcelona