When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The R&D Biochemistry Scientist III develops and enhances antigen-related products, including bead-based technologies and other platforms in support of current products and new product development.
- Explores and performs feasibility studies for antibody detection and related new products and process, as well as product or process enhancement
- Optimizes and documents newly developed process or protocols
- Pre-forms data analysis and write reports as needed in support of regulatory filings and internal communication
- Develops, implements, and performs verification and validation studies, as well as other studies in support of R&D objectives
- Updates inventory, maintain equipment, and keep good record and documentation
- Trains new employees, as well as train and transfer new methods to other employees
- Assists in project planning, monitor progress, and generate reports and other data summaries
- Partners with scientists and other company staff in R&D and other functions in the identification, development, and implementation of new products and processes
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related discipline; OR master's degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related discipline AND 2 years of experience in protein chemistry research; OR bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related discipline AND 5 years of experience in protein research
- Strong problem-solving skills, identifying roadblocks, and providing detail on alternative approaches to overcoming issues and problems
- Ability to work independently and multi-task priorities to meet timelines successfully
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to summarize and transform data into action plans
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with both supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to lead projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas
- Flexibility and adaptability in working in a highly dynamic and interdependent environment
- Highly motivated and dedicated individual.
- Knowledge in HLA or related fields
- Hands-on experiences in protein expression, purification, and characterization, cell biology, micro-bead technologies
- Familiarity with assay validation, compliance and regulatory requirements
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.