When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary - Sr. Director, Global Strategic Accounts:
The Sr. Director, Global Strategic Accounts owns the Life Sciences research space responsibility for BID, BPD and LPD for NA and EMEA and will focus and coordinate growth between assigned strategic accounts and Thermo Fisher Scientific. The research market features few, large accounts that drive the majority of base business and growth. The Pharma and BioTech segments in particular feature geographically dispersed sites with complex sales coverage needs. Today, these segments are served by division teams, as well as, a limited LSG/LPD Key Account effort dispersed through various touch points in the organization. The Sr. Director, Global Strategic Accounts will create the overall strategy, aligning Corporate and LSG resources to drive overall growth at these strategic accounts. He/she will develop relationships at the senior level within select accounts and in the various operating divisions of the company to plan and execute the segment strategy designed to maximize capture of share of spend and partner at the highest levels with the customer.
- Create the overall Life Sciences Research strategy; incorporating division level accounts goals and objectives provided by direct reports.
- Engage with Corporate Accounts to identify opportunities to drive global initiatives in-market
- Communicate account strategy to division sellers and drive account level execution
- Coordinate selling activities (where appropriate) among LSG teams
- Identify specific growth initiatives, gain customer buy-in, and drive local execution across LSG sales teams
- Create financial and legal processes to create a “easy to do repeat business with” attitude with key customers
- Leads global team of business development, strategic account managers.
- Develop a Life Sciences research business expansion plan aimed at increasing corporate account presence.
- Develop relationships at senior levels within select accounts to advance LSG & Thermo Fisher’s access and opportunities.
- Create account leverage across the breadth of the portfolio.
- Align specific proposals and offerings to company objectives by working with corporate and division marketing teams.
- Own the business objectives for the strategy including umbrella financial objectives and compliance metrics.
- Define Life Sciences research opportunities and initiatives such as bundles, incentives, and rebates to bias the relationship towards significant improvement in share of spend with Thermo Fisher.
- Lead contractual negotiations with direct reports, as appropriate.
- Conduct regular business updates to key stakeholders within client company and within LSG and Thermo Fisher strategic account stakeholders..
- Utilizes knowledge of industry trends and LSG’s portfolio of products and services to establish targeted customer solutions to achieve short term revenue and long term business goals. Leverages all that LSG brings to market in the Life Sciences research space.
- Delivers upon assigned account revenue targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
- A minimum B.Sc. degree in a scientific discipline: chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering strongly preferred
- MBA or professional business education in addition highly desirable
- General management, matrix management and cross functional experience preferred
- Direct experience in a senior position with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or fine chemical, contract research or laboratory sales
- Strong analytical skills including basic financial training
- Proven track record of successful capture of increasing business from key account in private sector
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with senior leaders both internal and external to the company
- Has knowledge of and ability to sell LSG entire portfolio of products and services to key scientific opinion leaders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to maintain and promote diplomacy to arrive at mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation.
- Demonstrates superior listening, presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills; analysis, planning, organization, execution and follow-up.
- Exhibits internal & external organizational savvy, able to involve and engage various functional support areas to support strategies in a matrix environment.
- Proven ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Understands all aspects of account profitability and delivers performance that achieves LSG’s business objectives.
- Process and results-driven focus with the ability to rapidly change course when needed
- Ability to clearly identify and interpret customer requirements, shape and align those requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science Solutions capabilities and then apply solutions to meet customer needs
- The ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and customers, driving improvements in our Customer Allegiance Scores (CAS).
Additional Required Hiring Criteria:
- Minimum of 10 years as a senior level strategic account executive
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-value accounts in a matrix environment
- High degree of management capabilities
- Global experience an added benefit
- A strong team player with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions across a team of resources not directly reporting
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- 40% overseas and domestic travel
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.