This individual will perform a number of business priorities, on a project basis, within the Sales Operations function resulting from the combination and integration of the LSG and LPD/LCP organizations. As it relates to this integration, there will be two key priorities for the incumbent:
1. Lead and manage the assessment and activities to implement territory & bag alignment and quota setting, and ensure that compensation planning is appropriately aligned to incentivize effective execution of the combined commercial organization’s Go To Market strategy. Critical to success will be the ability to effectively influence geographically dispersed sales compensation administration teams and to execute the compensation administration changes across LSG.
2. The other key priority of this role is to champion the assessment and optimization of LSG’s incentive compensation tools and processes. Responsibilities include selection and implementation of incentive Compensation Tool(s) as determined through due diligence.
In addition, this individual will lead and/or participate in the execution of other sales operations activities related to the LSG and LPD/LCP Integration process. The related project activities require strong influencing skills in order to expediently bring together and align multiple teams that don’t report to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
LPD NA Sales Compensation Integration Process
- Map the upstream and downstream compensation process for LPD NA, identifying and correcting bottlenecks and inefficiencies embedded in the current process. Perform PPI to incorporate a wide range of stakeholders’ views and needs.
- Key contributor to the design of sales incentive programs that reinforce the sales strategy and that align with business objectives, especially focusing on the changes derived from the integration of the CCP, SP&A, VAB, and other product lines. The latter expands the scope to collaborate with multiple legacy LSG Business Units.
- This role has ownership for supporting and aligning the Year-End processes for compensation design, product bag alignment, SKU alignment, and reporting implementation to the new and upcoming Go-To-Market strategy.
LSG Incentive Compensation Tool Selection and Implementation
- Work with IT to define the user needs of a harmonized, global tool for all LSG businesses incorporating a wide range of stakeholders’ needs in its definition.
- Evaluate tool in use by LSG NA (Xactly) as well as others already considered (ie, LPD NA exercise), assessing the effectiveness of the tool against the needs.
- Present and recommend to senior management a tool selection along with timing and implementation cost.
- Manage and direct tool selection communications between the commercial and Divisional teams; employ a set of cross organizational and global communication mechanisms that facilitate collaboration and alignment.
- Champion and drive the implementation of the tool in direct collaboration with regional and divisional counterparts.
Sales Operations Integration
- Lead and/or participate in the execution of the future state, integrated sales operations structure and environment.
- Promote and implement “best-in-class” strategies and operational models that deliver high and consistent service levels to the global LSG organization.
- Lead and participate in special projects and teams to drive business objectives, best-practice sharing and process standardization.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA required, major in business or technical field preferred. MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- 10+ years of Sales Operations and Compensation Management experience in a complex, multilevel manufacturing environment preferred, including working with and supporting global teams, and interfacing with executive level commercial leads.
- Experience with best practices and challenges of a high performing field sales organization.
- Experience defining, implementing and enhancing Sales Compensation processes and procedures required
- Experience with data warehousing and CRM tools required; Seibel, Saleforce.com and Cognos reporting tools desired
- Highly effective Influencing skills is a ‘must’ for the candidate’s success in managing these projects without direct reports.
- Highly motivated, passionate self-starter, analytical, detail-oriented and operationally-focused.
- Ability to think through and implement creative solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills including ability to take an independent stance when interfacing with cross functional stakeholders. Demonstrated focus on being able to translate data and metrics into predictable, value-add business insight.
- Excellent relationship building skills and collaboration with other sales operations leaders and teams.
- 20-25% travel
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- BA/BS in major in business or technical field preferred; MBA, advance degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent process improvement skills and track record.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience; 10 years in a leadership role
Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad guidance against a framework of defined business objectives.