We are looking for an Advisor to drive and achieve the EH&S Vision within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s LabServ and Commercial Operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to embed the Thermo Fisher Scientific EH&S management system, culture, philosophy and ensure the organization exceeds compliance with relevant EH&S legislative and global requirements.
- Lead implementation and maintenance of the EH&S Management System and provide practical EHS advice, expertise & support to management, employees and EH&S committees.
- Facilitate site EH&S Committee meetings and provide timely report out to the EH&S Committees and management.
- Provide expert advice in relation to risk mitigation and risk reduction.
- Deliver continuous improvement and best practice in EH&S to promote a zero harm culture.
- Drive improvements to the EH&S culture by partnering with employees to improve EH&S and mitigate risks across the organization.
- Implement and maintain site Environmental Sustainability plans.
- Proactively drive corrective action implementation and ensure completion of the organization’s Hazard and Corrective Action Register.
- Undertake, monitor and review EH&S Audits and Inspections and assess the appropriateness of remedial actions proposed and implemented.
- Implement and maintain emergency preparedness processes and ensure employees are trained and resources are in place to support the organization’s response capability.
- Assist the organization in meeting the requirements of the EH&S Management System and reducing workplace injury and illness.
- Deliver EH&S training programs to support risk reduction and health and wellbeing.
- Manage ACC claims and return to work processes for the East Tamaki and commercial sites.
- Implement EH&S systems and procedures at NZ sites and across other ANZ sites when required to do so.
- Coach and Support Managers to engage our employees to drive positive and proactive EHS Culture, practices within the workplace.
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety and or relevant experience.
- A minimum of three years working in an EH&S role.
- An understanding of claims management and return to work.
- Ability to implement and maintain auditable EH&S Management systems.
Other Job Requirements:
- Proven experience in ensuring Dangerous Goods compliance.
- Ability to travel to other sites locally (including working from the other Auckland sites (Albany and Penrose) on a regular basis) and internationally.
- Ability to work outside of normal hours where there is a need for training and support and/or hazard/accident investigation on afternoon or night shift at LabServ.
- A knowledge of New Zealand EH&S legislation.
- Understanding and experience in auditing EH&S Management Systems and their implementation against New Zealand and International Standards.
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and methodology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, initiative and determination.
- Proven ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven experience in taking a flexible approach.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve the EH&S objectives of the organization.
- A personal commitment to best practice.