Major Responsibilities Channel manager and inside sales role South Africa
The major responsibilities are:
- Responsible to achieve the agreed sales target per quarter and year with a focus on run rate business and sales executed remotely
- Drive business expansion by identifying and appointing appropriate distributors/dealers of the company’s products and services within a defined geographical region; this activity will require a good level of business development.
- Support other sales team members seek out for new accounts within the defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts.
- To negotiate contracts and close orders and support all procurement processes.
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database SalesForce.com; anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls. See trends and coordinate sales activities with sales manager accordingly
- Provide accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management related to channels managed
- Ability to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align those requirements to Bulk Material handling and minerals capabilities and apply our solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers.
- Coordinate activities with other Thermo Fisher Divisions or Business Units to maximize exposure at accounts
- Be responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them and work independently to manage customer relationships
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, tradeshows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
- When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in the defined territory.
Qualification / Experiences
- Relevant Sales experience and a professional expertise level gained in the sale of process instrumentation
- Able to develop and implement strategies that drive growth.
- A track record of closing deals in highly competitive situations.
- Good verbal and written command of the English (technical) language.
- Able to undertake frequent travel.
- Good knowledge of Industrial process
- A proven track record in achieving sales quotas and experience in Dealer Management
- Ability to grow the business by identifying new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
Skills / Behaviours
- Strong teamwork skills able to align across teams and organization and fosters collaboration.
- Establishes stretch goals and drives for results with attention to details and accuracy.
- Able to take responsibility by holding self accountable for personal delivery.
- First class negotiating skills, able to influence in highly competitive market space and work proactively to differentiate and promote the benefits of the products portfolio and close deals.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to work in a complex cross-functionally environment
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to travel within the defined geographical area. May require overnight stays on occasions up to 70%
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experienced Sales Professional with a proven track record in achieving sales quotas and managing sales territory and product knowledge
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Must be highly sales driven and have the ability to work on their own and be creative in developing tactical sales plans and executing these in a timely fashion to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A good level of interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills
- Approximately 70% of time will be spent travelling through the territory
- Valid Driving license
- Experience of using sales database, outlook and MS office suite