When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
We’re looking for somebody to join our Buying Team, who wants to be part of a team that helps a business that is dedicated to delivering quality products that help society.
Responsible for the operational purchasing of raw materials and supplies to support company operations on the supplier portfolio you are assigned. Materials purchased must meet specified service levels and inventory ranges at the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Issue Purchase Orders as needed to support production and inventory needs. Materials must be sourced from approved vendors that are capable of supplying products that meet our specifications and our quantity and delivery schedule requirements.
- Get order acknowledgement for all purchase order issued and chase/resolve any supplier delay issues, quantity receipt and invoice discrepancies with the suppliers. (Inc. freight)
- Monitor the delivery service level of the suppliers and implement action plans for those that do not achieve the site objective.
- Control and store import documentation in internal system for all purchase outside the EU to ensure full global trade compliance.
- Update and upload material CoA in internal system once material is receipted.
- Work with key suppliers to implement appropriate purchasing method (JIT, consignment, VOMI, demand-pull, Kanban) based on raw material, supplier, and demand to optimize material velocity and availability.
- Monitor inventory balances of all required materials, equipment, supplies (including materials expiry) and implement improvement program to support the site inventory target. (with monthly forecast end of year update)
- Support category managers & site sourcing leader during sourcing project implementation, by leading the purchase authority process (new material validation process), and by monitoring stock to ensure continuity of supply.
- Run periodic supplier business review with keys suppliers (TOP80% Spend) to feedback their quality and delivery performance, pricing in the aim to improve our business relationship. The buyer will be the direct point of contact with the supplier with very limited escalation point.
- Communicate to appropriate departments any raw material shortages, BO’s, quality issues, and escalate where appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring full accuracy of all SAP MRP, supplier and raw material data. (Lead time, minimum order quantity, price, safety stock…)
- Monitor, investigate and solve quality complain when supplier material is concerned. (CAPA)
- Comply with all local regulations as communicated by the Quality Systems and ensure ISO compliance for all processes related to buying and planning.
- BA/BSc degree with experience in a similar role, or an Associate Degree with good experience in Purchasing and / or Inventory Management
- Proficient in MRP / MRPII software, preferably SAP.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access and MS Project.
- Possess good analytical skills and math skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of linkages between inventory control, planning and procurement relative to materials planning.
- Familiar with continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing process, 5S, Kanban.
- Preferred experience in ISO9000 / FDA regulations.
- APICS or ISM certification in Materials Planning, Purchasing and Inventory Management a plus.
Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 4th June 2017.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com