This position is primarily focused on the customer service aspect of Managed Services. Activities could include: order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders, vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys. This position will utilize the advanced functionality of systems and applications in support of various inventory/chemical management and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have an understanding of performance metrics, and the ability to capture necessary data pertaining to individuals or team activities. Data integrity and attention to detail are paramount.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisors regarding daily duties.
- Order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders, problem resolution, executing 3rd party and agent buys, vendor and customer interaction.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure customer and Fisher requirements are met.
- Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Utilizes basic systems or performs the functions that support various inventory and chemical management programs
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Read, write and speak English
- High School Diploma
- Work overtime, as required
- Comply with site safety regulations
- Proficient Microsoft Office Word and Excel knowledge and skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Effectively communicate with various levels of personnel at the customer site
- Collaborative work style
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional and courteous
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Effective problem solver
- Sound organizational and time management skills
- Customer-service focus
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.