Do you like data? Have or want experience using the most current information technologies like cloud architecture systems for analytics and leveraging them to provide actionable means to help business grow? Enjoy building up dashboards to tell a compelling story using data as the medium? A role available for you.
The RSD Business Insights and Analytics team is searching for a Data Architect to join the group to assist in developing advanced data strategies to support the commercial excellence teams and other channel operational groups. A strong candidate should have a history of database modeling skills and an understanding of various standard database development practices. Experience extending data streams into application layer technologies such as Microsoft .net and cloud technologies in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Power BI would be very helpful.
This role will be critical to help facilitate a growing support platform that leverages financial commercial information and CRM non-financial metrics within a matrix support function. It is a great opportunity for self-starters and those that would like to design from the ground up, deploying customized solutions for internal customers in an ever changing environment. This team prides itself at being a leader in democratizing data for the user bases. If you enjoy being first in trying a myriad of new technologies and accept disruptive organizational growth with tenacity, then this is the role you have been searching for.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI applications, tools and programs.
- Develop the Microsoft BI Semantic model layer including: metadata, reports and definitions.
- Create impactful graphs and visual tool support for portal interfaces. (Power BI, AWS, MS Azure, Salesforce.com, SSRS)
- Mobile applications development for KPI development and reporting distribution to web a plus
- Prepare and deliver automated reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
- Create system design proposals to deploy enterprise dashboard delivery in a matrix environment.
- Assist business with discovery of KPI metrics obtaining data points to model through systemic reporting and analytic solutions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers. (MS Visio)
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, new systems and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Proficient with Reporting Server and Business Intelligence Studio, implementing SSIS packages, stored procedures
- Utilizes Team Foundation Services for Source control of solution development and administration of content within the server environment
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI reports and tool applications to specifications.
- Practical knowledge in ETL/ELT processes for use in system integrations leveraging SSDT and data manipulation for reporting, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Extensive experience with data mining and Business Intelligence reporting
- Knowledge of Dashboard technologies such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik
- Working technical knowledge of .net (VB & C#), programming languages using Visual Studio
- Strong experience in leveraging MS OLAP technologies in SSAS both Multi-dimensional and Tabular
- Must have experience with SSAS Tabular models as it pertains to Active Directory and row level security models.
- Understanding of Microsoft Security: Kerberos, Active Directory and SQL Server Database.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions or products.
- Knowledge of database design principles and optimization with SQL server 2012/2014 and Oracle (Exadata)
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies, structures, theories and how it impacts data modeling.
- Full project management and development life cycle (Agile) experience.
- 7-10 years as a Database and/or BI developer, supporting star and/or snowflake model design. Full database support including backup/restore, DR, job scheduling and performance evaluation of query and system health.
- Created visual based reporting and analytic metrics through a matrix organization deployment
- 5-7 years business analytics experience creating metrics for dashboards and impactful KPI measures to assist drive organizational management in a top down goal oriented environment
- Prior use of business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, Microsoft Data Mining, SAS would be preferred.
- 5-7 years with current Microsoft SQL Server Stack: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS (2012 Stack at minimum)
- Knowledge of Multidimensional and Tabular technologies ability to identify solutions that leverage these model types optimally
- 3-5 years SQL Server Database programming experience
- Preferred understanding of Cloud application models in AWS, MS Azure, Power BI and SharePoint (mixed mode delivery)
- Preferred prior work experience: problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution; demonstrated leadership, portfolio/statistical metric development such as R or leveraging MS Data Mining capabilities for analytics