This is an opportunity for a highly motivated automation engineer to work in a fast-paced and collaborative R&D environment developing simple, robust, and customer-focused solutions to facilitate genetic testing on the microarray platform.
- Develops automated liquid handling solutions for preparing DNA samples to be used on Thermo Fisher’s microarray products.
- This is a hands-on engineering position with a focus on development, validation and product commercialization.
- Documentation under design control to ensure quality product development
- Performs statistical analysis and conducts design of experiments.
- Provides innovative ideas for new products and intellectual property.
- Collaborates with molecular biologists, biochemists, bioinformatics, engineers, product managers, customer support, and other internal teams.
- Bachelor's degree + 5 years experience or Masters + 3 years experience. Education in the following majors: Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or related fields.
- Multidisciplinary technical background is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience of operating and writing methods on automated liquid handling instruments (Beckman Coulter, Tecan, or Hamilton) is essential.
- Understanding of assay development and validation is essential.
- Can clearly document laboratory work and write SOPs.
- Is a quick learner and can quickly deliver on goals.
- Has a passion for problem solving and outside-the-box thinking.
- Has good organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly collaborative; must have the ability to work within a diverse team.
- Self-motivated, independent, and a proactive driving force of execution.
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing needs caused by time, budget, or other constraints.
Additional Favorable Experience:
- Trained in ISO 13485, 21 CFR Part 820 Quality Systems Regulation, GLP/GMP.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of JAVA scripting and/or Visual Basic
- Statistical skills using current platforms e.g. JMP
- Good mechanical aptitude