This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include metric / data collection and processing, inventory management and shipping/receiving duties. This position will utilize the basic functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: Erequestor and the Microsoft Office suite. Strong communication skills are also required.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor or other assigned personnel any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Shipping/Receiving, Inventory Management, Site Metrics, Process Documentation:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and follow direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishment and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Update / create Work Instructions for site processes
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Maintain cleanliness of main stockrooms and POU areas
- Process glassware for washing and distribution to the lab locations
- Effectively operate glassware and autoclave equipment
- Must possess a minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 2-3 years of progressive relevant experience required
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)