Program Manager, Vulnerability Management
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and continual improvement of vulnerability management infrastructure, initiatives, integration, processes, and technical assessment support;
- Drive automation of vulnerability management tools and processes;
- Understanding of infrastructure, IoT, application, and cloud vulnerability scanning;
- Classify and prioritize the risk of new vulnerabilities based on the company’s environment;
- Maintain metrics and reports on vulnerability findings and remediation compliance;
- Facilitate proactive remediation of new vulnerabilities by collecting information from threat and vulnerability feeds, analyzing the impact/applicability to our environment and communicating applicable vulnerabilities and recommended remediation actions to the impacted teams;
- Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to drive vulnerability remediation;
- Provide technical support to system owners to propose mitigation and remediation solutions to identified issues;
- Assist with routine compliance and audit functions to ensure requirements are satisfied;
- Document and report on policies, processes and procedures;
- Provide input to the department’s leadership for enhancing the information security strategy;
- Assist departments across the organization in understanding and implementing security policy objectives in ways that are cost effective, and align with business objectives;
- Stay current on security industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, security technologies and new and evolving threats to the organization by attending conferences, networking with peers and other education opportunities;
- Develop expertise to function as subject matter expert in multiple technical or business disciplines; and
- Develops strong partnerships with business clients, application developers, software vendors and other technical resources.
- 8+ Years of Information Security Experience, working with Vulnerability management tools and security testing
- Strong knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities associated with application, IoT, cloud, and network security
- Sense of urgency to address new technologies being deployed
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and proactive thinking skills
- Proactive thinking, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- BS or advanced degree in computer science or related discipline preferred
- CEH, CISSP, SANS, and other security related certifications a plus.
- Expert level familiarity with Enterprise Vulnerability Management tools such as Rapid 7 Nexpose, Nessus, Qualys, Blackduck, and Fortify
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.