Job ID :
Australia - Brisbane|Australia - Melbourne|Australia - Sydney
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical business plans to achieve set financial goals and drive profitable growth.
- Manage all aspects of the marketing mix with an emphasis on pricing, product and promotional strategy so that profitability, brand positioning and market share are maximised.
- Drive demand for the portfolio of products by understanding the market opportunities and/or gaps and then supplying the sales team with products and the marketing tools to capitalise on these opportunities.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and forecasts.
- Development and deploy relevant marketing collateral for use in the field, including electronic resources, competitive matrix, competitive selling sheets and brochures and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop pricing strategies to guide the selling effort and generate profitable business.
- Coordination and execution of conferences and product roadshows.
- Monitor competitor activity and report out on significant changes and/or activity, and adjust strategy as appropriate.
- Ownership of Requests for Quotation (RFQs) and Requests for Tender (RFTs) process to ensure response positions Thermo Fisher for success.
- Provide the commercial team with a high level the technically oriented sales and marketing tools to enable the identification of the most appropriate customer solutions.
- Spend time in-field engaging with customers and developing relationships with Key opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Maintain close relationships and open dialogue with manufacturing, warehousing and supply chain key personnel to ensure Lines On Time In Full (LOTIF), Fill Rate and Customer Service deliverables are met.
- Manage inventory and product forecasting so that internal targets are met and customer expectations are exceeded.
- Review inventory in order to meet targets for indent and slow moving and obsolete inventory.
Skills & Attributes
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximise business opportunities and market potential.
- Proven ability to drive business growth through the implementation of sales strategy and execution of tactical actions to achieve required sales objectives.
- A strong understanding of business development and marketing strategy with an emphasis on effectively managing and implementing brand strategy and the marketing mix
- Outstanding leadership skills and abilities and an aptitude for bring out the best in employees.
- Strong coaching and experience in building high performing commercial teams.
- High level of commercial and business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to build strong relationships with staff, customers and suppliers and pass on required knowledge, gaining their confidence and co-operation.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise based on key result areas, to manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines
- An initiative taker who is enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude
- Highly motivated and resourceful individual that constantly seeks new ways to improve how work is done
- University degree in Science essential, postgraduate degree in Business or Marketing highly desirable
- Minimum years’ experience in marketing and sales (minimum), preferably in leadership roles.
- High level of familiarity and competence in computer use; specifically the Microsoft Office suite applications – Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook
- Sound knowledge of the Clinical Diagnostics market. Established customer relationships highly desirable.