Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Bellefonte
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed:
- Assists with column engineering projects related to product release, sustaining engineering activities, product/process improvement and manufacturing troubleshooting/support through hands on chromatography, communication with other team members/managers and written documentation.
- Column Engineering Lab:
- HPLC Column Packing,
- Computer data entry,
- Column Box assembly,
- Column Labeling and Boxing,
- Column testing,
- May perform or assist in instrument and equipment maintenance and qualification.
- Interact with product manager and field team on requirements as they relate to products and our customers’ processes.
- Develops a full understanding of the uses and applications of ThermoFisher Scientific chromatography products.
- Develops new product concepts for consideration at appropriate R&D related meetings.
- Provides continuing support to current HPLC, UHPLC manufacturing processes and future production alternatives.
- Leads role in supporting our quality initiative for outsourced products in conjunction with direction from our Quality Engineer. This would include but not be limited to:
- GC capillary evaluation
- SPE product evaluation
- Performs telephone technical support duties as necessary
- Provides technical assistance to customers in cases involving product use.
- Assists Marketing/Sales with technical expertise.
- Provides feedback to R&D and Marketing regarding new product ideas.
- Documents detailed and accurate records (computer and notebook)
- Completes all assigned training
- May train other personnel
- Maintains laboratory cleanliness at all times to minimize the risk to health and contamination of equipment.
- Continues to acquire and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure continuing personal growth to meet the needs of the job and the success of the business.
- Encourages mutual respect and co-operation within your departmental team and those of other departments.
- Reads, understands, and follows methods, SOPs, work instructions, health & safety regulations including OSHA requirements, ISO9000/ISO13485/FDA 21CFR820 regulatory guidelines, and company policies.
- Ensures that health and safety procedures are adhered to and that considerations are given to improve safe working practices to take reasonable care for oneself and others who may be affected by one’s acts or omissions.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned