Senior Core Consumables Account Manager - London based
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a field based Senior Core Consumables Account Manager. The position will manage key accounts in the London area including the Francis Crick Institute, NIBSC, HPA Colindale and Gamma Delta Therapeutics.
The position is responsible for driving growth with the following product ranges within the Life Science Research market: Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Gibco, Pierce, Fermentas, Ambion, Molecular Probes and Novex. The role also includes responsibility for demoing and selling low throughput real time machines as well as end point PCR machines and finding leads for Flow cytometers & EVOS imagers. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of hitting their number year on year and working as part of a team to close large deals.
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Immunoassays.
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
- Engage with our distribution channel partners to train on the portfolio, generate leads and close opportunities.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Field travel as necessary (50% or more)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily.
- Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience.
- Excellent technical skill and experience with mentioned technology
- Previous sales experience
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
- Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously.
- High motivation and energy level to develop new business
Fluent in English, additional languages would be an asset.