Job Title: Customer Integration Lead
Reports To: Director, Client Integration
Position Location: Remote-based anywhere in the U.S. (global locations will also be considered)
The BioPharma Services Division (BSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is focused on providing end to end clinical trial solutions for our customers. We don’t specialize in any particular therapy – we support them all. Our customers range from small biotech/pharmaceutical startups to large pharmaceutical companies who focus on R&D and prefer to outsource supporting services for the execution of clinical trials across the globe. We have the industry’s largest global footprint of FDA cGMP facilities and regional hubs strategically located around the globe so we can be where our customers need us - we provide the full suite of services in each of those hubs so that we can get the right medication to the right patient on time.
The Customer Integration Lead is responsible for supporting commercial integration and operational efforts for the division’s most strategic and high potential customers. This role ensures the goals of the customer align with the goals of the organization in an effort to grow the business and improve the overall customer experience.
- Manage implementation of customer-defined strategies to drive customer growth, financial return, productivity, customer satisfaction, and/or the customer experience. Elements include, but are not limited to, Master Service Agreements (MSAs), Technical Quality Agreements (TQAs), work processes, quoting, pricing models, contracting, customer collaboration tools, technology integrations and other projects or initiatives defined by our strategic customers.
- Serve as the global central point of contact to assist commercial teams with strategy, negotiation, financial analysis, problem solving, and/or any other issue that may arise when dealing with our strategic customers.
- Based on internal capabilities and customer requirements, standardize where possible client services interfaces/deliverables for efficiency and productivity. (Examples include, but not limited to, KPI’s, Financial Metrics, etc)
- Support commercial negotiations with customers to finalize commercial terms in connection with MSA’s and/or other client contracts
- Conduct business due diligence on new customer initiatives to ensure viability of proceeding; identify benefits and risks; propose recommendations and appropriate risk mitigation solutions for consideration.
- Develop strategies for any new business endeavor that may arise out of the course of typical customer meetings.
- Identify challenges with our customer interfaces; create and implement process changes that improve the overall customer or employee experience.
- Provide guidance on questions involving quotes, contracts or other situations that may arise in day to day operations with our customers.
- Assist in the development and presentation of final customer deliverables.
- Drive/support other customer initiatives as needed.
- A Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or related field; MBA, CPA or PMP preferred
- 10 years of broad-based business/project management/IT business analysis experience within a major, multi-unit company; multi-national experience preferred
- Experience in previous supervisory/management roles is a plus; as is the ability to indirectly influence without formal authority.
- Exposure to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or healthcare industry experience (i.e. clinical) preferred
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills; proficient in Microsoft office; experience in financial systems like SAP, HFM, Oracle, Office 365 and SharePoint 2013
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects; able to effectively prioritize and deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems and provide solutions to internal or external issues
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal relationship skills that promote collaboration and transparency across the organization as well as with customer teams
- Collaborative style with a demonstrated ability to work within a matrixed environment and with external customers; an ability to negotiate and influence outcomes and drive change, both internally and externally
- Flexible with an ability to effectively work across time zones, in complex projects, and in varied work locations.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction; a bias for action and perseverance
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Travel (up to 25%, includes global travel)