Job Title: Country Sales Manager
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Leading a national sales team, the country Sales Manager is responsible for building customer relationships and promoting the Microbiology Division (MBD) products to achieve or exceed sales and profit targets for the country. The Sales Manager is accountable for ensuring account plans are in place aligned to MBD strategic objectives for their country, and coaching and developing their team to ensure successful achievement. The position will also form part of a broader European Sales and Commercial organization and will be required to work cross functionally across the matrix to participate in projects and ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for specified region to ensure revenue objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
- Develop strategy to incorporate and compliment the Microbiology Division objectives into the overall region / country strategy
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of a sales force automation (SAP CRM) solution and expenses
- Work to drive product sales to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services
- Provide role model leadership and management activity including coaching, goal setting and effective delegation to stretch and develop team competencies.
- Ensure Account Managers comply with company procedures and policies
- Review, maintain and manage delivery against key performance indicators. To include, but not limited to, sales performance, call planning, call rate and opportunity management and follow up
- Effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and maintaining an effective network of connections within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization
- Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the region managed including competitor activity and market trends.
- Leadership of the implementation of price increases and annual contracts with customers.
- A high level of business acumen and commercial understanding within a sales environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading, developing and managing performance of a remote team.
- The ability to define a clear vision for the team and lead through change.
- Experience in the life science sector such as microbiology, pharmaceutical, medical device or laboratory products would be an advantage.
- The ability to travel to regional and national meetings approximately 60%
- Excellent organizational/team work skills with collaboration with peers and other departments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Role model strategic selling, negotiating, and project management skills.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, sales force automation software.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business
- Basic Financial and Business administration skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- A degree level education is essential, with preference given where degree subject has a strong relevance to our business
- English: Full professional proficiency in addition to a local language
- 3-5 years of leadership of a field based sales team with evidence of top and bottom line growth, while managing high and low performing individuals
- Full clean driving license
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.