When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences is responsible for understanding, performing daily testing, and analysis for development and, improvement of DNA-based diagnostic reagents.
- Design and provide experimental task to designated production Associates.
- Assist in maintenance and updating of all required SOP’s and quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analyses and other relevant data.
- Adapt, implement and train current and new lab functions/procedure to other Lab Associates.
- Operate UV spectrophotometer, thermal cycler, agarose gel electrophoresis, UV image analyzer, Luminex 100, FlexMAP3D, high speed centrifuge and other hardware.
- Reconstitution, quantification, QC test, organization and maintenance of all raw materials such as oligonucleotides, ancillary reagents, and genomic DNAs.
- Maintenance and organization of reagents and equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory and business data.
- Ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times especially in the application of universal precautions in handling of all blood and blood products.
- Communicate effectively with members of the group as well as those in other departments.
- Work as a cooperative member of a Production team.
- Assist with all aspects of receiving and quality control testing of raw materials.
- Update maintaining raw material inventories.
- Prepare buffer solutions.
- Assist in keeping a safe environment.
- Develop skills to help in other aspects of the department.
- Able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- This position will have daily contact with other laboratory personnel.
- Expected to maintain work schedules as assigned.
All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their immediate supervisor of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective action.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Biological Sciences or chemistry
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organize self and maintain work schedules
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines
- Follow oral and written directions
- Read, understand and implement written laboratory procedures
- Communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Maintain confidentiality of laboratory data and procedures
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Frequently work at lab bench, low temperature freezers and PC workstations.
- Handle blood samples and blood byproducts occasionally.
- Some lifting of objects including laboratory instrumentation of 35 pounds.
- Work in office/computer/analysis
This position is not currently budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.