Job ID :
India - Pune
Purchase and Procurement:
- Responsible for entire Procure to Pay Process.
- Ensure streamlined delivery of products & services through a carefully selected list of suppliers.
- Coordinate with Intercompany factories/vendor for procurement and follow up for expediting shipments and timely shipment document availability
- Maintain strong business relationships with the vendors.
- Periodically review existing supplier agreements
- Reviewing open purchase orders
- Reviewing reports for stock outs and expediting open orders
- Monitoring price increases and communicating changes as necessary
- Develop closer collaboration with key suppliers to leverage the sharing of operational knowledge, inventory management and demand bundling to achieve valued added frame agreements and lower costs.
- Develop, implement and maintain standards, policies, processes and systems to ensure that the purchasing is carried out effectively to deliver to its clients industry leading operational cost control and supply reliability
- Monitor supplier performance and initiate actions to improve delivery & quality parameters
- Generate year on year sourcing savings through innovative ways and collaboration with design and production teams
- Reviewing line points/ order points for inventory stock levels
- Documentation as per ISO requirement
- Follow up for the material as per delivery schedule mentioned in purchase order
- Other duties as assigned
- No delays in production on account of procurement cycle
- No delay in forwarding of bills, testing certificates to concern departments
Planning & Inventory Management:
- Streamlining the system and procedures for effective inventory control, thereby ensuring ready availability of products to meet customer demand.
- Ensuring optimum inventory and effecting efficient inventory controls of all input materials through monitoring of stock and reorder levels without hampering the customer service levels.
- Responsible for incentive reduction, increase inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results across Commercial and supply Organization.
- Responsible for managing the design, development and implementation of well-balanced, cost efficient inventory strategies for both purchases and distribution of products.
- Plan, direct, control and manage the supply chain to ensure that the order fulfilment rate is balanced with service, delivery and stock performance.
- Identify and resolve supply chain constraints that require the ability to work across cross-functional areas and facilitate quick decision making.
- Incumbent expected to coordinate planning efforts, ensuring alignment between commercial and manufacturing unit, and planning goals & objectives, while delivering high quality forecast.
Analytics and Metrics:
- Provide KPI reporting on supply, inventory and supply chain costs to include customer service, plan vs. actual.
- Track and share vendor performance – LOTC, OTD, lead times, Vendor category
- Project cost analysis to understand variance in actual cost Vs projected cost of the project and initiate corrective actions to bring costs under control
- Provide data and guide the Sales & Operations Planning process.
Skills and Abilities
- Hand on working knowledge of SAP MM Module
- Should have good knowledge and experience in material planning and inventory management
- Experience in vendor management to consistently improve performance and quality.
- Monitoring and controlling key metrics like
- Inventory turn (cost of sales/average inventory in a given period)
- Dead Stock Management / Slow moving
- Forecasting /Demand planning
- Incoming Quality
- Lead time
- Sourcing savings
- LOTC etc
- Should have strong numerical ability.
- Innovative and ability to take challenges
- Good Analytical skills
- Leadership Qualities
- Excellent oral and written communication and coordination skills
- Familiar with ERP operating systems like SAP, WMS and MS Office.
- Bachelors degree in any discipline; Master in SCM/MBA will be added advantage.
- Minimum experience of 3 - 5 years in relevant positions meeting the required skills and abilities.
- Previous experience in procurement for manufacturing or project based sourcing and a proven track-record of Management in a similar role will be preferred