Position Summary: The Field Service Engineer within the Environmental & Process Monitoring Business Unit is responsible for providing field support to customers in Industrial Settings to ensure the stable and ongoing operations of customer purchased equipment. Acting as an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific, the Field Service Engineer (FSE) will; execute installations, provide product/technical training to customers, perform scheduled maintenance, and utilize troubleshooting skills in industrial locations both indoors and outdoors.
This position will provide Field Service Support for Process Monitoring Equipment. Process gas analyzers are engineered to meet a number of challenging process applications in the petrochemical, iron and steel, and biotechnology industries.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain Thermo Fisher Scientific equipment located at customer sites
- Act as an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific and EPM
- Provide field support to ensure the stable and ongoing operation of customer's equipment
- Consult with the customer to explore current and future needs, develop action plans to ensure needs are met quickly and efficiently
- Consult and recommend future services to customers including service contracts, preventative maintenance schedules, training, etc.
- Communicate with customer to implement any necessary corrective action
- Provide high-quality on-site training to customers
- Consistently complete all administrative task in a timely function (i.e., expenses, service orders, time reporting)
- Actively seek out new revenue opportunities submitting your findings in the Lead tracking system
- Proper interpretation of blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications
- Provide Technical Support to customers via Telephone
- Provide feedback and documentation of work performed to Customers and others as appropriate
- Others duties may be assigned
- At least 5 years of applicable Field Service experience with Process Monitoring Equipment in an industrial setting
- Ability to travel 80% of the time with the flexibility to travel nights and weekends as needed. International travel may be required
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Military Electronics Training
- Strong Customer Service, Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- A team player will the ability to go the extra mile in support of other FSE’s
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently at remote locations
- Capable of reading schematics and drawings
- Must be physically able to climb ladders/stairs or ride industrial style elevators to heights of 300 feet
- Regularly lift or move 25 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 50 lbs. and occasional lift 100+ pounds.
- Periodic drug/alcohol testing will be required
Home based position residing in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania/Wilmington, Delaware metro areas. FSE will cover the East Coast with additional coverage responsibilities throughout the US. This position may also help support International customers
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.