When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Market Development Manager, North America, is responsible to support the local Commercial Organization, facilitating and executing marketing actions and initiatives aimed to drive the growth of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s gas chromatography & gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC & GCMS) business.
We are looking for a strong Manager that has developed a deep knowledge of the North America GC & GCMS market and is ready to proactively lead and drive initiatives to grow sales and revenues by identifying existing and new markets, and cultivating business partnerships and commercial relationships. The role demands complete responsibility over the definition, execution and tracking of the required tactical plans to ensure business sustainability in response to the market’s requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Commercial Operation team in achieving AOP bookings and revenues
- Act as the point of contact for Commercial Operation team on all issues which will drive orders and revenues. Implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators for supporting business analysis and growth plans.
- Initiate, develop and drive promotions tailored to the market and maintain tracking of the activities to determine ROI and ensure consistency and payoff.
- Deeply understand the markets in each territory and implement specific strategies for business growth in cooperation with Sales Leaders and Commercial Operation team.
- Identify, document and communicate market trends to all relevant stakeholders within the Organization.
- Manage QMI (Quick Market Intelligence) process and Action Teams for the regions, driving market and competitor’s feedback and mitigations plan to address technical requirements impacting growth performance
- Work closely with Regional Marketing to ensure consistency between marketing programs for the region and BU strategic marketing program. Contribute to BU strategic planning by bringing knowledge of assigned market and territory.
- Lead structured educational processes for both sales and specialists to ensure increased product technical knowledge is spread within the territory.
- Keep updating product technical knowledge through webinars, sales calls, live training or travelling with sales personnel to provide support in the execution of tactics
- Develop and support execution of regional specific new product launch plans
What You’ll Have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in physical or life science
- MBA or equivalent business education desired
- At least 5 years of market/business development experience with a focus on strategic partnerships and collaborations in the medical device industry
- Experience selling/supporting products & solutions for chromatography or mass spec applications to customers
- Ability to understand GC & GCMS technology and articulate strong customer value/benefit proposition
- Professional selling and account development skills highly desirable
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation (written and verbal) ability
- Strong computer skills in office applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel) and presentation tools (e.g., MS PowerPoint), are critical
- Independent, assertive, self-starter with strong time management skills and the ability to work with a diverse and global team
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.