Management of the forecasting and planning function
Review and analysis of operating expenses, manufacturing variances, product margin etc
Development of analytical tools, reports, systems and processes to support the manufacturing team
Provide financial planning and analysis support for new initiatives in Singapore Manufacturing
Identify opportunities from financial data to engage the manufacturing team to pursue productivity and efficiency ideas as well as maximum utilization of resources.
Consolidate weekly / monthly manufacturing forecast for Manufacturing:
- Preparation of detailed commentary on variances from prior forecasts / plan and actual results.
- Detailed tracking of manufacturing variances and performing analysis on key financial information.
- Monthly financial performance review with Business Partner and provide detail analysis on Financial Performance.
Responsible for month-end and quarter-end manufacturing finance reporting functions, manufacturing variances analysis including the liaison with business partner and assist them in meeting the spending forecast, business needs and critical issues.
- Detail Work Order Variance report and tracking.
- Detail PPV tracking by product.
- Cost reduction tracking.
- Scrap Analysis.
- Freight cost analysis.
Provide support on product cost roll and pricing maintenance:
- New product costing roll and costed BOM variance analysis.
- Material master and pricing / transfer pricing maintenance.
- Year over year detail standard cost tracking.
- Repricing variance tracking.
Responsible for month-end Inventory reporting and tracking:
- Prepare monthly Inventory Report and tracking.
- Conducting monthly cycle count reporting and tracking.
- Monthly Inventory forecasting and Inventory walk.
Monthly review on revenue and margin by major product category, comments on actual vs. plan and forecast and YoY growth etc. Coordinates the development of Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for Manufacturing. Preparation and distribution of timely, accurate and insightful financial analysis used to determine progress against strategic plan, budgets and forecasts. Responsible for quarter-end Excess & Obsolesces preparation and tracking for both Manufacturing and Distribution. Provide analytical reports to business partners, e.g. management report, cost savings by major product category etc.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
The Senior Finance Analyst must be degree qualified, preferable a qualified member of a professional accounting association, and have experience with both accounting and financial planning & analysis roles and have previously in management accounting or analyst type roles for a minimum of 5 years.
Critical skills include:
- Strong understanding of financial statements and financial systems.
- Strong systems skills with ability to learn new systems quickly. Advanced Excel is essential. The experience with Hyperion Planning / HFM and ERP system (SAP / E1) will be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well in a team based environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify issues, make decisions and meet deadlines.
- Able to work both independently and as a team player.
- Business acumen: basic organization and industry knowledge, quick learner about products and markets.
- Capability of multi-tasking and prioritising projects/tasks.
- Service oriented to multiple business partners and peer groups and committed to meeting deadlines for Executive reviews.
- Fluent spoken and written English is required. Ability to work independently with English speaking colleagues is essential
The Senior Finance Analyst must have excellent analytical and diagnostic skills with a proactive and commonsense approach to issue resolution. A hands-on style and an enjoyment derived from working closely with teams will be necessary. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written will be necessary to communicate effectively across the regions.