Job ID :
United Kingdom - Paisley
Site Support Duties
- Complex hardware and software Incident resolution for on-site and remote users within the defined Service Level Agreements utilising standard remote control tools. Defining solutions as required
- Supports existing and new IT infrastructure and applications for designated function/site/ application platform (SME) e.g. Trax, Primers
- Monitoring the service management Tool and updating as incidents are progressed or resolved. Actively seek out complex incidents for quicker resolution.
- Plan, coordinate and carry out hardware installation, moves, adds and changes
- Software installation using software deployment tools and investigation of failed installations to resolution
- Provision of VIP Executive ‘White glove’ support, including complex or urgent issues of an IT nature
- PC lifecycle installation, administration and configuration management using Service Management software, automation and scripting.
- Network support including port activation and extended troubleshooting working with Network Support Engineers.
- End-user training upon deployment of new hardware, including MS Office and Outlook
- Advanced Avaya user Administration and support, including Hunt Group setup and reporting
- Advanced Voicemail Administration including multiple greetings
- Advanced Video-conferencing support including component replacement, re-cabling and vendor liaison
- Advanced Meeting room support including Site and Regional Town Hall meetings
- Advanced Support for Mobility including equipment and software configuration within company standards
- Advanced support and troubleshooting for printers and MFDs, including vendor liaison and escalation
- Vendor interaction, liaison and solution collaboration
- Deliver complex project work under guidance when agreed. Works closely with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., IT-business facing groups including the Business Analyst - BA team)
- Management of own work plan – regular review of workload and highlighting availability to IT Supervisor and actively identifying further work.
- Comply with Desktop Good Working Practices and wider Thermo Fisher Scientific Quality Management processes.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior level System Administrator staff
- Identify and implement opportunities for Continuous Service Improvement (e.g. Shift Left)
- Present an effective, helpful and professional Thermo Fisher Scientific presence to our customer.
- Attend, participate and report on team and customer meetings.
- Create and maintains documented standard processes and procedures for all aspects of Desktop Support including reviewing and maintaining the Knowledge Base articles.
- Adhere to IT policies and procedures, including those for security, Data centre standards, desktop standards, purchasing, and service provision. Make recommendations where gaps are perceived
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex IT issues in a timely manner to minimize downtime and disruption to operational performance
- Actively represents the team in inter-departmental projects, and builds productive internal and external relationships (i.e. with application Teams and business contacts)
- May participate in making recommendations to support the full lifecycle, including selection, implementation, maintenance, refreshes, and retirement of both purchased and leased computing assets.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field would be preferred.
- ITIL qualification at Foundation Certificate would be essential
- MCSA in Windows 7 configuration
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong customer management skills
- Solution and results-oriented
- Driven to succeed
- Highly customer focussed
- Ability to effectively define, prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to manage own time effectively, set realistic timescales and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and desire to team work globally
- Self-motivated and self-developing
- Attention to detail
- Proven technical accreditation including, but not limited to MCP AD, MCP WIN 7
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Extensive working experience of Active Directory Administration including Users and Computers and an understanding of Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Maintenance of enterprise backups, including tape rotation
- Extensive experience as a Desktop Engineer in a Windows OS environment
- Extensive working knowledge of desktop computer operating systems, including MAC OS
- Support experience with Microsoft Office
- Understanding of current network hardware, protocols and standards
- Understanding of Information Security principles
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to articulate project status reports and presentations to business stakeholders.