Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 57,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
The International Order Specialist will be responsible for the international department specialized warehouse tasks in all aspects of Shipping, Receiving, Picking, Packing, Inspection, Scheduling, Ordering and Product movement in International Order Processing. Specific job related training will be required. There will be regular communications with Customer Care, Quality Assurance, Packaging, Shipping, Marketing, Facilities, Logistics, Manufacturing and Label Control.
- Safely and efficiently ensure all sales orders are filled and shipped in a timely manner
- Safe operation of Powered Industrial Trucks (aka. forklifts and order pickers) to select items to be shipped
- Stack products properly to allow for both pallet content verification and prevent damage to the load
- Will be required to help maintain facility sanitation standards 5-S
- Participate in all related department PPI Projects
- Report stock to supervisor when necessary and carry out inventory investigations
- Analytical ability; analyze complex data, identify issues, explain variances and recommend solutions
- Will perform related clerical duties, such as preparation of transfer slips, control of pick cards, and maintaining records and schedules
- Learn and understand the use of the DSI hand held to properly remove product from inventory
- Must be able to handle all the responsibilities of the position including heavy lifting and duties involving heights.
- Track, schedule, and report all international shipments as necessary
- Process international shipments according to all applicable Federal (DOT, FAA, Maritime, FDA, EPA, Customs, etc…) and International shipping guidelines
- Minimum 2 years International order processing experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in performance oriented packaging for both Air, Ocean and Ground transportation
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in freight forwarding or export related job functions
- International Air Transport Association Certified
- Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 certified
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code Certified
- 120 hours in regulatory and compliance training
- Basics of international exports and regulatory compliance
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull, up to 60 lbs
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Must have basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures as documented and trained