EXPLORE

Careers at ThermoFisher Scientific

Apply Now >>    
Job ID :
49574BR
Location :
Netherlands - Eindhoven
:
Job Description
The Company, pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manu­facture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sci­ences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200+ employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.

Check out these video’s


The Position
The R&D Software Engineering Tools and Infrastructure team is responsible for supporting all software engineering teams within our R&D SW organization. This team is part of a global team handling infrastructure, configuration management, software tooling, and developer support for the R&D organization. We have multiple manufacturing and development sites globally. This role is stationed in the Netherlands and works closely with our local enthusiastic software development engineers.

This role is ideal for a candidate who loves to work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary international high tech environment and likes to solve complex technical problems. You work about 60% on operational end user support and the other 40% supporting the global software engineering tools and infrastructure team to optimize our long term R&D infrastructure. You will be trained on our systems and technologies in a complex engineering environment. A business trip to our facility in Brno (Czech Republic) is part of the training for this role as well. If you are energized by solving problems, while maintaining a highly stable software archive for high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity to change our world.

Your role will be a mixture of the following activities:

  • Support the developers in producing quality software
  • Ensure stability of the build and test environment
  • Monitor build and smoke test results and trigger actions if needed
  • Analyze root causes of failed builds and smoke tests in a structured way
  • Provide support for engineering tools and infrastructure, including server maintenance, client support, branching and merging, etc
  • Keep in close contact with the various software development teams to stay informed of their needs
  • Continuously improve the build and test infrastructure towards continuous integration in the cloud
  • Monitor the performance of the hardware and in case of infrastructural problems solve it in close cooperation with IT and our global Software Engineering Tools and Infrastructure team
The Requirements.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
  • Typically Bachelor degree (Ba/Bsc) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical software discipline
  • 1- 5 years of experience in any comparable role in any professional software development organization

We prefer applicants with knowledge and experience in the following topics and technologies:
  • Software configuration management processes
  • Build management and tooling (e.g. Jenkins)
  • Knowledge of SW development processes like Agile/SCRUM
  • General programming languages, like C++, C# or Java
  • Advanced windows user Linux system user experience
  • Experience with SW testing
  • Experience with automated build infrastructure
  • Preferably Version control systems (e.g. Git/GitHub, IBM’s RTC)
  • Preferably Issue management tooling (Jira, Redmine)
  • Preferably scripting knowledge (Python, bash)

Personal skills

  • Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration in an international setting.
  • Solid English skills
  • A team player with strong problem-solving skills
  • Customer oriented with the abilities to set the right priorities.
  • Strong analytical view combined with a pragmatic and hands-on attitude (flexibility).
  • Results-driven with a ‘can do’ mentality with an eye for quality.
  • Curious, fast learning, mostly on the job.
  • Willing to incidentally work outside office hours.



Apply Now >>    
Join our Talent Community

If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.

Join
Refer a friend

Already work here? Help us write our next chapter

Refer Now

SHARE

5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher Scientific
View
Search Jobs by Map
Search