Job ID :
Switzerland - Basel
- Evaluates customer clinical research packaging and distribution specifications with the sales team, our customers and project teams.
- Prepares with his/her team all service quotations for all existing and new service lines and assists in determining rates and pricing for these new services and engages our Legal Department and Management when necessary.
- Develop the preliminary packaging design and distribution strategy by evaluating and understanding the study requirements and objectives. Does he really do this?
- Ensures the appropriate assignment of all RFQs entered into Salesforce.com and maintains a working knowledge of team workload and skill set prior to assignment to ensure timely and accurate completion of each request.
- Participates and may be asked to lead Global Quotation Teams and Global SalesForce.com teams and provides feedback and guidance for continuous improvements.
- Embraces our global reach by providing training to new quotation writers across facilities when necessary.
- Participates in activities such as teleconferences and customer visits if necessary for obtaining information to complete price quotations.
- Ensures that the team is using the current, approved Global quotation templates.
- Reviews and approves pricing and provided solution or obtains approval from the Executive Leadership Team prior to providing quotation to requestor per the current, approved Authority Authorization Matrix.
- Will establish, maintain, analyze and share Key Performance Indicators and will provide regular updates to management and to team members through established leader standard work in accordance with lean leadership practices.
- Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments in order to drive continuous process improvements across groups and facilities.
- Responsible for supervising Team Leaders in the Quotation Development group.
- Establishes career objectives for direct reports in accordance with company initiatives and provides development opportunities as appropriate.
- Mentors and coaches all direct reports and team members.
- Responsible for recruitment and onboarding of new team members
- Completes performance reviews and updates job descriptions as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A/B.Sc./B.F.A.) from an accredited college or university
- Solid experience in Quoting/Estimating, Project Management, Operations or QA.
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to groups of managers and/or clients.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability work in a “virtual team” concept with colleagues dispersed in several countries.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Master’s degree preferred.