When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management. Our customized service offerings and world-class service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address customer business needs. As Senior Manager Field Service, you are responsible to deliver on our commitments to all stakeholders and advance our position as the world leader in servicing science. You are managing, leading, organizing and coordinating all ULS Service Delivery Activities for the country (ies) of responsibility. You are responsible to deliver the required Services in the most effective and efficient way possible to all customers to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction/loyalty. You are accountable of achieving quarterly and annual targets with respects of Time & Material, Contracts and Parts.
- Lead a team of engineers and service managers. Be responsible to achieve high motivation of every individual resulting in a best performing Team. Assuring the day-to-day management of the team to achieve highest efficiency and efficacy of the Organization.
- Manage and actively participate in the ULS Field activities related to the assigned territory/products resulting in timely and high quality service deliveries to our customers, which exceed their expectation.
- Establish and maintain the highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible by using the relevant procedures.
- Devote specific care to the assigned key accounts and leverage ULS and Company value proposition to our customers.
- Work in close cooperation and communication with the country field service leaders and ULS managers in EMEA and with the EMEA ULS Leadership Team for delivering the best customer experience and for achieving our financial targets.
- Work in close cooperation and communication with the Sales management team within the territory enabling pull-through activities to accelerate growth across Thermo Fisher.
- Fully implement all business processes, procedures and programs related to the EMEA ULS Service Organization.
- Drive the team to exceed the targets for the 6-Core metrics in the assigned territory and work according to Lean Management (PPI)
- Drive employee and team alignment and engagement through completion of the annual key processes: Goal Setting, Performance Management & Development (PMD), Total Compensation, Calibration, Employee Involvement Survey (EIS) Action Planning.
- Attract, retain and develop talents in ULS through on going coaching and provide support to employees on their Individual Development Plans.
- Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Completed Education or equivalent experience in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering/Business Administration or related subjects
- Strong Leadership and management skills acquired through several years of experience as team leader/manager in a technical service function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organization, building organizational relationships and to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Demonstrated Role Model Leader Characteristics:
- Delight customers
- Embody the 4-I values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
- Enthusiastic/Positive attitude
- Language skills:
- Excellent local language skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written
- Any other language skills is an additional plus
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel (in the range of 50%) mainly within the assigned territory as well as other European and global locations.
- Knowledge of the ULS Products service business
- Self-starter, highly motivated leader with a strong bias for action/execution (a proven track record of actions and results that demonstrate initiative)
- Demonstrated “roll up the sleeves” field leadership abilities with proven success in developing customer relationships, teams, and direct reports
- Commercial drive – ability to develop and grow the business
- Business Acumen (demonstrates broad business knowledge)
- Analytical skills: interpretation of internal financial reports, problem solving, etc.
- Knowledge of lean management systems (PPI)
- Change Management skills –ability to proactively drive change within the organization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.