When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: Responsible for manufacturing, assembly, and/or packaging of containers (medical bag) for the Biotechnology industry in a clean room environment. Technicians carry out production process by closely following the Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instruction Documents and blueprints drawings as they relate to assembly, material handling, equipment operation, and finished goods packaging.
- Follow work instruction documents, standard operating procedures, and standard work practices
- Assemble product using written instructions, blueprints and drawings
- Record correct and accurate documentation
- Perform manual assembly of tubing and connectors
- Package and labels finished product
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks as assigned
- Responsible for performing visual inspection on in-process and finished products
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good verbal/written communication
- Ability to follow complex procedures
- Production experience in a CGMP or Lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast paced controlled cleanroom environment up to 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required for production schedule adherence
- The Clean-room is controlled environment for temperature and humidity having low ambient noise.
- Specific gowning is required including: gloves, hair & beard net and face cover, safety glasses with no makeup / jewelry, and the like.
- Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and understand chemical hygiene
- Must have ability to do the following activities
- Follow all safety protocols
- Stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, grasping
- Use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing, and pulling
- Infrequently lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds max unassisted