Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Provide financial control, analysis, recommendations and general business support for the Academic Market Segment within the Research and Safety Market Division. Ideal candidate will have the ability to drive business decisions through effective communication with Senior Management.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage 1 finance professional
- Primarily responsible for the profitability assessment of business proposals, including development of pricing/costing models to support business proformas for the Academic customer segment.
- Responsible for the management of Fisher Science Education (FSE) including month end close, forecasting, RFPs and financial models, and other reporting requirements as necessary
- Business partner with the FSE General Manager and their selling organizations to develop quarterly segment forecasts and Annual Operating Plan.
- Manages various segment functions including, profitability reporting, pricing control, financial analysis, margin analysis, business review creation and account maintenance/mapping
- Provides clear, concise and accurate presentations/analysis to Senior Management with minimal lead time
- Manages the year end price roll process by using Global Strategic Pricing tools and pricing modeling where required
- Work in a cross functional environment including Finance, Sales, Managed Services, Global Strategic Pricing, Global Profitability Initiative and Marketing management to create advanced financial analysis and reporting while effectively interpreting and communicating recommendations
- Work with appropriate internal departments to implement pricing and financial terms for new customer contracts and ensure contract compliance and ensures approved financial information is properly documented
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and technical accounting knowledge
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and embrace the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Strong business and industry knowledge as well as the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level.
- Proven history of leading cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with customers, peers and operating partners
- Recruit, develop, and manage professionals and the ability to provide constructive feedback through performance and development processes.
- Manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Commit to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint are required; skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, SQL, COGNOS, and Visual Basic is preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of progressive relevant experience
- Ability to work with management at all levels and lead major projects and initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills that lead to actionable growth opportunities