When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Portfolio Management Specialist will support the product managers of the Private Label team. They will support the team's ability to deploy strategies to source, negotiate, contract, and implement programs and otherwise drive revenue and profitability growth of the product portfolio. The position of Portfolio Specialists has a career path toward the position of Portfolio Manager and eventually Category Director, who leads a team of Portfolio Managers and a large portfolio of product categories.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of new item activations, discontinuations, promotional item and brochure creation and other supporting responsibilities.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with internal departments including Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain, among others.
- Support a team approach and work collaboratively with their peers to ensure departmental needs are met.
- 1+ years of lab industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or a scientific field.
- Knowledge of laboratory products and applications, actual working laboratory experience, or understanding of customer requirements in laboratory settings.
- Sales, marketing, or other commercial functional knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of financial data and reporting methodologies, various performance metrics and ROI analyses.
- Valid passport and the ability to travel 10-15% in the U.S. and Canada.
- 1+ years of lab industry experience in product management.
- An advanced degree in business or science.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking experience, flexibility, and a functional understanding of time and priority management.
- Well-developed general business acumen.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.