When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect product as you complete the work order.
- Assemble boxes and pack product.
- Assist production in problem resolution.
- Record the necessary production data.
- Keep work areas clean and neat.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management.
Decision Making Authority
- Recommend acceptability of products/processes.
- Make recommendations to improve products and/or processes.
Specific Scope Data
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good general math skills.
- Basic problem solving skills required
- Basic organizational skills required
- Basic skills with assembly equipment/processes used in department
- Must be able to follow written procedures (SOP’s).
- Basic writing skills.
- Must be able to work independently with occasional assistance.
- Must have basic understanding of production schedules.
Physical/Environmental requirements. (Refer to Physical Requirement Reference Sheet when completing this section.) Identify all requirements that apply to the essential job functions. (List specific activities.)
(1) Physical Activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, repetitive motions.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements: Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move object.
(3) Level of Visual Acuity: Inspection, Close Assembly: Visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, using measuring devices, assembly
or fabrication of parts at distances close to eye.
(4) Environmental Conditions: The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.