Desired work and experience in laboratory environment, knowledge of international shipping procedures, shipping, handling and packaging of hazardous materials a plus. Work experience in GLP/GMP environment or DOT/IATA certification a plus.
- Incoming Shipment Manager (ISM) – monitoring of ISM, assignment of shipments, shipment related tasks
- Physical Accessioning – reconciliation of actual vs expected (data – eManifest) and the receiving, sorting and entry into laboratory records or systems
- Creation of cassettes/labels
- Box reception/ Sample Reception (chain of custody)
- Order Manager (Creation and distribution of transfer orders with required documentation – interface with Amgen researchers)
- Packing/Unpacking shipments – reconciliation of actual vs expected
- Outgoing Shipment Manager (OSM) – manage packing of shipment and supporting documentation to internal and external Amgen sites (shipment/specimen conditions and delivery to shipping for outgoing shipments)
- Defragmentation – Freezer Inventory
- Equipment Management - to include sterilization, equipment maintenance, calibration
- CEMS – Freezer Alarm contacts
- General inventory management (container moves, specimen moves, etc)
- Receive daily shipments of Research compounds:
Scan barcodes of tubes, plates, and bags into application
Place items in designated pickup locations (shelf or freezer)
- Pack and ship Research compounds:
Typically 1-2 boxes of tubes in racks
Complete online shipping request form
Transfer to shipping department
- Load and unload REMP automated storage unit:
Use laboratory software application to check operating status of store and notify automation engineer when errors are encountered
Unload recently picked items from store input/output buffer, pack and ship
Load incoming tubes into store
Verify quantity of empty racks in the store and load empty racks as necessary
- Daily pickups/deliveries of customer materials to various locations throughout customer site.
- Packaging of customer outbound freight or packages and delivery to shipping.
- Communication with regulatory groups to ensure shipment compliance
- Follow industry standards for GLP/GMP documentation.
- Working with end user community to coordinate shipments and deliveries
- Create and maintain work instructions
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Captures monthly metrics as determined by leadership
- Daily use of multiple customer and Thermo Fisher systems
- Strong attention to detail in daily site Safety procedures
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent and preferably an Associate’s degree at minimum.
- 2+ years working in lab environment
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around laboratory environments, freezer storage locations.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.