When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
In the Application Software Group, we aim to be an outstanding organization committed to our customers' success by providing world-class software solutions to challenges at the nanoscale. As a member of an international software development team, you will use your skills and experience to create software solutions for scientific and industrial microscopy.
• Design, develop, and maintain scientific microscopy software.
• Collaborate with a global software development team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• In-depth understanding of C# or similar language (e.g. Java, VB.NET).
• Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
• Ability to understand a problem domain and then conceive of and implement a sound design with an intuitive interface.
• Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write clean, unit-testable code.
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex software applications.
• Design, develop, and maintain world class microscopy software.
• Communicate with stakeholders (SQA, marketing, sales, service, etc) to detail requirements, gather feedback, and deliver software.
• WPF Experience
• Knowledge of microscopy (Optical/Fluorescence, SEM, TEM)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.