Job title: EMEA commercial sales leader, LSG
Location: Europe flexible
Has global responsibility for the sales in Central EMEA, for Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems products in the following areas: Cell Biology, Cell Analysis, Molecular Biology, qPCR Consumables, Protein Biology and Synthetic Biology.
Participate in the design and Implements the commercial strategy given by senior management for their product line and area and to deliver goals and objectives set by the Business. Revenue circa $200m
- Develops specific Research Sales business plans for the territory in conjunction with Marketing and Sales Operations.
- Offers regional input into various business units to facilitate a greater understanding of the global life sciences business.
- Has full responsibility for the achievement of revenue plans for the territory including direct sales channel, Territory Sales Specialist, e.Buisness and any distribution channel for that territory.
- Accurately forecasts quarterly revenues. Ensures that the group remains within the expense budget.
- Responsible for hiring, objective setting / goal setting, personal development and motivation of sales staff within their Region.
- Works closely with Marketing to develop and execute marketing strategies whilst compiling and feeding back on market trends and observations.
- Works closely with sales in other divisions, Service, Customer Service, Distribution etc, to ensure that business transactions run smoothly and customer satisfaction is maintained at a high level.
- Leads and develops the team capability.
Ideally degree educated in a Life Sciences discipline .
A minimum of 10 years commercial experience in the Life sciences industry, of which a minimum of 5 years has been held in a leadership position in a multinational matrix organization.
The Sales Director is responsible for managing and leading the direct sales of Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems Consumables and Instruments Research Product Sales, to increase the number of new accounts and achieve the company’s financial objectives. This individual must be a visionary, team-oriented sales leader, with a solid executive presence, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to drive sales. This individual is responsible for implementing business strategies, forecasting, and providing marketing/competitive feedback and customer satisfaction relative to sales activities. This position will require an individual that is results oriented, highly motivated to succeed, operates with an extreme sense of urgency, has an excellent work ethic and maintains the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
A high degree of travel across the EMEA Region will be expected from this role.