When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Global Sourcing Manager is a high impact, highly visible position that will define, manage and execute global sourcing plans utilizing the strategic sourcing process. Responsibilities include the Materials & Minerals (M&M) Business Unit at Chemical Analysis Division (CAD). This role will partner with functional leaders and stakeholders to integrate sourcing strategies and supplier requirements into the business. This role is responsible for delivering an optimized supply base which is aligned with the business needs.
- Develops and executes annual sourcing plans, multi-year sourcing programs and global category strategies for the Materials & Minerals (M&M) global business unit that support Corporate and Divisional strategies
- Manages the program; provides leadership and mentoring; ensures execution of the team goals and objectives
- Drives category strategies including supplier identification, supplier qualification, supplier development, quality management, NPD support that deliver a competitive advantage to the business, and aligns with Divisional and Corporate teams
- Develops the supply base to support the global demand over the strategic plan horizon
- Assures sourcing strategy alignment with business functional leaders, such as R&D, product management and operations
- Leverages supplier capabilities and business opportunities on a domestic and international basis
- Drives overall supplier management through working with strategic technology leaders and supplier quality engineering to integrate supplier performance requirements
- Develops improved processes in Supply Chain Management to connect all necessary functions from the beginning of SIOP, to Logistics, to Supplier Quality and On-Time Delivery, and final shipment to the customer
- Implements use of the Total Cost of Ownership model to ensure the landed cost impacts the business EBITA positively
- Understands market dynamics and guides the teams to the appropriate supplier risk mitigation strategies
- Serves as the leader for cross-functional strategic sourcing teams that include representation from the internal customer, finance, and possibly the user community
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required (preferably in Business, Finance or Engineering)
- 5 years of sourcing or purchasing experience
- 3 years of sourcing leadership experience
- ISM Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM), certification preferred
- Greater than 5 years of experience in categories of responsibility including: metals, machining, mechanicals, plastics, electronics
- Proficient in Windows based office software required
- Proficient in Sourcing enablement technologies (Spend Analytics and eSourcing) preferred
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a matrix organization required
- Strong communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills required
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and practical application of the process to sourcing projects required
- Strong project management skills required
- 50% global travel
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.