Objectives of Role
To ensure the safe and efficient running of the Solvents Value Stream, whilst driving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) through the Value Stream.
Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with legislation and company procedures. This may include the issuing of Permits to Work and completion of Engineering Change Authorizations and Process Change Authorizations to cover equipment changes Drive and maintain departmental 5S levels to required standards Ensure all of departmental standard works, batch process instructions (BPIs) and working instructions are written and the appropriate risk assessments carried out and documented. Ensure that safety audits and actions are completed in all areas and any identified actions are carried out to company standards and within required timelines. Ensure that the reporting of any incidents, accidents or near misses is carried out in a timely manner which meets the company requirements. Also, where appropriate, root cause analysis carried out to establish the appropriate corrective actions. Development and implementation of appropriate training plans to ensure competence of all staff. To support flexibility of resource within the site. Ensure quality is given a high level of focus throughout all of the departments and emphasis given to driving quality improvements. Ensure business and Departmental KPIs are achieved for the Solvents Value Stream. This will include delivery of the daily packing plan. Ensure communications and transfers between the Value Streams are appropriate and support the business requirements. Use visual management as a means of monitoring the value stream and communicating progress to all personnel within the Value Stream. Encourage input to the success of the business at all levels. Embrace and participate in Practical Process Improvements (PPI) initiatives to identify reduction of waste in current processes and cost savings to the business. Develop and maintain Kanban system for managing consumable stocks within the packing department Complete administrative processes resulting from complete packing schedules. Lead daily departmental production meeting at start of shift. Lead the short interval control within the function and develop solutions for problems that are highlighted.
- Self motivated with the ability to achieve and encourage others to achieve.
- Driven to complete all allocated projects and tasks within set timelines.
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels on both written and verbal basis. This may include external suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and demeanor and act as role model leader at all times.
- Work effectively with others within own team and colleagues from other areas of the business.
- Ability to ask the necessary questions and compile answers and information in order to solve problems.
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with staff, customers and key stakeholders.
- Confident use of computers in daily work.
- Demonstrable man management
- Good knowledge of short interval control measures to include OEE and top loss management
- Demonstrable operations / production experience essential