When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Execute detailed production plans with our supplier base to meet customer requirements, optimize inventory while balancing manufacturing capacity.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize safety stock, while minimizing inventory expiration and obsolescence.
- General responsibilities include expediting material to meet aggressive customer schedules while achieving cost savings.
- Facilitate the disposition and replacement of non-conforming inventory in MRB
- Participate in Engineering Change Order review, approval and implementation of material phase-in and phase-out.
- Ensure data integrity of master data elements which drive production and MRP (safety stock, cycle times, BOM accuracy, planning parameters, etc)
- Manage timely execution of MRP actions to ensure uninterrupted supply to customer
- Troubleshoot transactional records to resolve inventory discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, Business Administration disciplines or 10 years relevant work experience
- Five plus years Purchasing experience with multiple commodity lines
- Proficient with MRP
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to structure and perform data analysis
- Ability to distill complex issues into simple effective messages for management and suppliers
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functional decisions
- Ability to plan strategically
- Experience in managing contract manufacturers
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. or less.
- Travel less than 10%
BENEFICIAL/DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- APICS certification preferred
- Familiar with document control system: Agile and Arena
- Previous experience with Intuitive a plus
- Prior experience in leading a team or management a plus
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.