Under direct supervision, a Systems Engineer for the Messaging Services team performs all activities related to the administration of MS Exchange in a large enterprise hybrid environment with over 70,000 mailboxes hosted in Exchange Online. Duties include but are not limited to operating system and application patching, monitoring, creation and maintenance of MS Exchange objects such as User Mailboxes, Shared/Resource Mailboxes, Distribution Lists and Public Folders, as well as routine troubleshooting and problem resolution for user issues and requests input in through our corporate ticketing system. Responds to alert and alarm conditions to investigate and repair immediate break/fix issues, accepts issue escalations from other support teams, and works assigned projects.
- Fulfills work requests and resolves issues using our corporate Service Desk Management tool for work prioritization and tracking.
- Manages and maintains the various E-mail systems in use at Thermo Fisher. These include several on-premise Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 systems, alongside of our main corporate solutions, Exchange Online.
- Maintains the globally distributed in-house servers and appliances that support our enterprise Messaging systems.
- Manages the corporate instant messaging system; will configure and maintain the hosted Skype for Business service offering.
- Resolves user requests and issues in a timely manner. Communicating to the end user as work progresses and once the incident or request is resolves
- Participates in the 24x7 on-call pager rotation, responding to alerts from our Global Command Center or Major Incident Managers for issues within their scope.
- Minimum of three years of paid professional experience administering and maintaining MS Exchange 2007 or higher in a medium to large enterprise environment. Experience with Exchange Online/Office 365 a definite plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing systems and applications in a virtualized environment. Experience managing the virtualization environment itself a definite plus.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical field is desired. 3 years of additional direct and applicable professional experience in the IT field may be substituted.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with proven ability to work through a problem logically to its successful resolution.
- Excellent customer service skills with a proven ability to work calmly through high-pressure situations with a wide range of end users needing help.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, are a hard requirement for this position. Must be able to translate technical problems and their solutions into clear and concise explanations that are understandable by end users with little or no technical background.
- Microsoft certifications in Windows Server 2003 or higher, Exchange 2007 or higher, or Microsoft Azure are desirable
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (List 3-5 key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
- 3 years of experience as an E-mail administrator in a MS Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013 or Exchange Online/Office 365) environment
This position has NOT been approved for Relocation Assistance.