When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
One of the key pillars of the Unity Lab Services strategy is to support our business unit partners in advancing their businesses. To ensure mutual success, it is critical that we are strategically aligned, developing and maintaining key initiatives across the groups. The Service Business Unit AD supports the global strategic interface between Unity Lab Services and the Business Unit(s), as assigned, to ensure that success is achieved in all areas of the relationship, including strategic, financial, commercial and operational. In this role, the AD would support the ULS DLT members assigned to each business unit by developing and managing the strategic initiatives across the BU and ULS. Also, the BU AD would participate, as required, in STRAP, strategy deployment, MBR, BU leadership teams, representing Unity Lab Services and the appropriate ULS DLT member.
- Works closely with ULS DLT member assigned to the BU AD’s business unit. Acts as representative for ULS DLT member, as needed, at business unit and other meetings. This position will support LPD (Laboratory Products Division).
- Responsible for providing global/regional view on ULS business performance with the assigned BU to the ULS DLT and, as required, BU DLT to ensure we are routinely communicating on results and activities. Also, responsible for driving action plans and root cause countermeasures as required to ensure agree upon results are achieved.
- Collaborates with ULS DLT members and BU to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, forms relationships with decision-makers and monitors global service P&L for ULS DLT and BU, being responsible for understanding how ULS is meeting P&L goals.
- Establishes (with ULS DLT and BU), manages and maintains the service initiative roadmap in alignment with BU product strategies for the assigned BU, including managing the lifecycle of the services and connection to product life cycle strategies.
- Supports the development of the Strategic Business Plan (STRAP) for both the BU and ULS, which includes the tactics required to accomplish the annual operating plan (AOP).
- Work with Service Marketing to create new services in alignment with BU needs while leveraging the service expertise and best practices of other related BU and Enterprise services.
- Determine go to market strategy for BU services in conjunction with ULS DLT and broader ULS go to market strategies.
- Work with BU to understand competitive analysis on top competitors in market segments to identify areas of differentiation or areas of opportunities for improvement in the form of enhancements to existing services, new services or new go to market strategies.
- Supports ULS DLT by working with BU and Service finance, marketing and sales teams to monitor alignment, implement initiatives and support forecast of P&L results monthly.
- Maintain collection of global reports necessary to monitor and report on services business for assigned BU including but not limited to financial P&L, operational metrics, and CAS.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Degree in Scientific disciplines or in Business, Marketing or other related discipline with technical and service experience preferred.
- 7-10 years cumulative experience in BU and services
- Technical / sales / application / service support experience preferred.
- Extensive experience in managing a complex matrix relationship across business units
- Proven capabilities in business management
- Global experience preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Strong communications skill
- Ability to effectively operate inside a complex matrix environment aligning goals and strategies
- Strong analytical skills - Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to develop strategies and tactics to enhance alignment and competitiveness
- Ability to analyze benefits and measure the success in P&L and ROI on initiatives
- Results driven - Demonstrated ability to make decisions and develop creative solutions for complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills - ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well under deadlines and time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, lead cross-functional teams, manage deliverables, delegate responsibility and act with good business judgment
- Understanding / awareness of supporting efforts for different BU, market segments and services
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio, Project Management software.
- Ability to travel ~ 50% to 60%
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
This position has/has not been approved for relocation.