The Marketing Specialist will plan and manage key marketing programs related to increasing global revenues for a major scientific instrument product line. Working closely with marketing communication colleagues in Sunnyvale, California, product management in Vantaa, Finland and CMD vertical marketing team, the specialist will translate marketing plans into integrated and executable communication strategies, providing promotional and lead generation support for a variety of targeted industrial markets to include water/environmental and food/beverage.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for message development, tradeshows, campaigns, collateral development, and interactive/social media
- Manage the development and/or maintenance of marketing communication tools, including graphics, trade show booths, flyers, and technical sheets, power point presentations, to increase market knowledge and awareness and to promote product sales.
- Drive promotional materials, product literature, e-mail campaigns etc.
- Develop understanding and knowledge of the industry and customer segments, their needs and requirements to support Thermo Scientific’s product and service offerings for the water/environmental, food/beverage and other industrial markets.
- Participate in planning, developing and scheduling MarCom programs together with the IC/SP MarCom and vertical MarCom teams to build brand awareness, preference and loyalty.
- Liaise with other marketing communications personnel to further integrate and package Thermo Scientific’s offering with appropriate products and services company-wide to form a total solution offering.
- Write, proofread and consult on the creation of creative briefs, web and digital initiatives, promotions, and internal/external business communication.
- Develop and deliver material to internal Thermo communications platform like, iConnect
- Utilize various online tools: image database, collateral libraries, CRM database, etc.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Product Marketing Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Chemistry or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing specialist function, preferably in organizations supporting analytical solutions in the scientific industry.
- Strong SEO/SEM experience.
- Proven ability to distil complex ideas into simple messaging.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Proficient with PC programs, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects which require both strategic thinking as well as effective tactical execution
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools with the ability to analyze data and understand trends
- Ability to draft promotional advertising, brochures and flyers for products and update appropriate marketing tools.
- High comfort level with scientific and/or analytical chemistry topics required.
- Experience with water/environmental and/or food and beverage markets is seen as plus
- Experience in working in a cross-functional environment and in matrix organization environment is helpful
- Proactive self-starter able to work autonomously and as a team-player
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- High level of intensity and comfort level within changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% globally on an annual basis.
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.