The Site Specialist will maintain lab equipment and support inventory management services. General duties include chemical management and tracking, and stock room maintenance. This position is based in Lexington, MA
- Inventory management of laboratory consumables
- Chemical inventory management and auditing of storage locations.
- Hazardous Waste Pickup
- Media / Solution Prep
- Laboratory Technical Support Services
- Glassware washing
- Provide back up support for Front Desk / Reception
- Write work instructions for new and existing instrumentation, as needed. Send instructions to document writer for SOP creation.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to consistently lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May occasionally use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Must be able to work overtime, as required.
- Ability to operate a hand held scanner
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Customer-service oriented
- Proficient organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Independent and self-directed
- Detail oriented
- Computer literate and working knowledge Microsoft Word and Excel
- Works primarily at customer locations, in a laboratory environment. Work will also be performed in cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, and storage locations.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required
- Personal protective equipment may be required when performing certain job functions; items may include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, steel toed shoes, safety gloves.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com